Bishop O'Brien Memorial National School (Scoil an Easpaig O'Briain) Tobar Partnáin was opened to
pupils on the 15th of September 1986.
The school derives its name from Bishop O'Brien who, in Penal days, worked in the parish of Bartlemy
and lived for over 30 years in the neighbouring townland of Ballinterry.Bishop O'Brien came here first in
1738 as Parish Priest and lived in a little hilltop cottage of which the foundation of one wall still stands.
The adjoining field is still known as the Bishop's Field. Bishop O'Brien was a notable Irish Scholar. At
Ballinterry he first compiled the first known Irish-English dictionary.